Committee on Nominations and Representation
Moderator: Ruth Cole
- Corresponding with local churches in order to obtain names of persons who could serve in the Presbytery, Synod, or General Assembly and maintain a continuous file of persons qualified to serve.
- Nominating persons to fill all vacancies on committees, boards and other bodies, including the chair (who must be either a teaching or ruling elder). Each Committee is to have membership in multiples of three for staggered three year terms, except those designated otherwise by the Book of Order. Members will be ineligible to serve more than two consecutive terms or consecutive portions of terms.
- Considering the nomination of an equal number of teaching elders and laypersons, as well as an equal number of men and women. In all cases, no more than half of the committee membership is to be clergy.
- Election of members of committees is to take place at the stated meetings of the Presbytery. Terms of those elected will begin at the beginning of the calendar year (January) and in the case of a portion of a term, following the stated meeting at which one is elected.
- Any person resigning from a position elected by the Presbytery is to notify the Stated Clerk in writing. The Committee on Nominations and Representation is to fill the vacancy provisionally and submit the name for election at the next Presbytery meeting.
- Any member of a committee who misses three consecutive meetings of the Committee will be considered as having resigned.
- Keeping an up-to-date Overview as an appendix to the Operations Manual.
Documents: 2017 Officers Committees and Synod Reps