Committee on Ministry
Moderator: The Rev. Martin Radcliff
- Visiting and consulting with each congregation's teaching elder(s), teaching elder(s) in special ministries, and session once every two years.
- Acting on information concerning difficulties within a church and serving as an instrument for promoting the peace and harmony of the church.
- Visiting and counseling with Pastor Nominating Committees.
- Counseling with churches without a Pastor.
- Assisting and counseling with Pastors in the relocation process.
- Examining all candidates seeking membership in the Presbytery prior to ordination.
- Examining all ordained teaching elders seeking membership in the Presbytery.
- Welcoming, orienting, and providing mentors for teaching elders new to the Presbytery.
- Providing opportunities for fellowship and support among professional colleagues.
- Keeping an up-to-date Overview as an appendix to this Manual. In addition, the COM will be a separate Appendix to the Manual of Operations.
When necessary between meetings of the Presbytery, the Committee on Ministry has the authority to:
- Find in order calls issued by churches.
- Approve and present calls for services of teaching elders.
- Approve the examination of teaching elders transferring from other Presbyteries for membership.
- Dissolve the pastoral relationship in cases where the teaching elder and congregation concur, and dismiss teaching elders to other Presbyteries.
Documents: Pulpit Supply